Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fall is here

The Alaska State Fair came to an end on Monday and with that, Fall has arrived. Yesterday, Greg and I took a ride to Wasilla and all along the way you notice the leaves on the trees beginning to turn. Just wish that we had the beautiful fall colors that you have down in the states. Ours run from yellow to kinda orange. This is the time of year I miss living back in my home state of Missouri but there is a crispness in the air that I love. I call it, "sweater weather."
I'm usually cold so, I'll look pretty normal with my layered look of clothing.
If the sun decides to make an appearance, I'm hoping to get some yard work done. There's plenty to do before the first snow flys. My poor tulips need to be cut back and buried in about 2 feet of leaves. I also need to cut the last of my rhubarb and make a couple of pies. I've got a couple of great recipes I'll have to share. Hope everyone has a wonderful day....

No comments:

Post a Comment